Dentist in Newnan, GA
All our licensed professionals at Coweta Dentistry Associates maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Dr. Nidhi S. Patel
Dr. Matthew G. Griffies
Dr. Griffies is a general dentist who has been in practice since 1994. Dr. Griffies was born and raised in Newnan, Georgia where he received his high school diploma from Newnan High School in 1986. He then went to the University of Georgia where he received his B.S. degree in Zoology. At UGA, Matthew was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity.
He studied dentistry at the Medical College of Georgia and received his Doctorate in Dental Medicine in 1994. While at MCG, he married Sarah Ellen, who was also born in Newnan. Before coming back to his hometown to practice, Dr. Griffies joined the United States Public Health Service where he held the rank of Lieutenant. With the USPHS, he practiced dentistry at the Fort Hall Indian reservation outside of Pocatello Idaho. There he received extensive experience in dealing with dental emergencies.
Now, back in Newnan, Dr. Griffies is focusing his practice on the aspects of esthetic dentistry. He and his wife are members of the First United Methodist Church in Newnan and have two girls: Gray and Carly.
Dr. Griffies has worked for years with our Central Education Center. Click here to see WSB TV’s focus on “Our Schools, Our Kids, Our Future” with some excerpts from Dr. Griffies.
- Served as a Board Member of The Central Education Center in Newnan
- Member of CEC Dental Assisting Advisory Board
- Served as a delegate for the Western District of the Georgia Dental Association
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Georgia Dental Association
- Founding Family of Kids Kastle Park
Dr. Warren Rivera
Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
Dr. Rivera received his dental education at the University of Puerto Rico in 1982 and completed his residency in prosthodontics at the University of Iowa in 1984, and his fellowship in orofacial pain at the State University of New York in Buffalo in 1988. Dr. Rivera, his wife and three daughters are pleased to make Peachtree City their home. Prior to moving to Peachtree City in 2000, Dr. Rivera was a faculty member at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry for eleven years. While at MCG, he was very active in the faculty practice, concentrating his interest in the treatment of complex prosthodontics patients and patients with temporomandibular disorders as a member of the faculty practice orofacial pain team. During that time, he was also a director of the Prosthodontic Residency TMD clinic. Dr. Rivera is Board Certified in prosthodontics and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontists. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
What is prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dentist with special training in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with extensive restorative dental needs. To become a prosthodontist, a dentist has to complete an additional two or more years of advance training. Prosthodontists can perform routine, as well as complex restorative procedures. Serving as the “architects” of a dental treatment plan, prosthodontists collaborate with general dentists, specialists, and other health professionals to develop solutions for your dental concerns.
- Complex case management (i.e. cleft palate, post cancer patients, Parkinson’s patients, etc.)
- Dentures, partials, bridges, etc.
- Traumatic injuries
- Restorations over implants
- Temporomandibular disorders (TMJ) – Jaw joint problems
- Aesthetic dentistry (cosmetic)
Dr. D. Jay Lambert
As a general dentist, I enjoy seeing patients of all ages, especially children. The staff and I are working hard to make sure that children feel comfortable at Coweta Dentistry. During the time I spent working in the pediatric department at UAB, I learned the latest techniques to ensure that children have a positive experience in the dental office. I plan on using the latest technology and my experiences there to make both children and adults feel welcome and at ease at Coweta Dentistry.
Newnan has always been an important part of my life. I was born at Newnan Hospital and my family is deeply rooted here. My parents operate Lambert Pharmacy, just off the Highway 29 in Palmetto. I went to Sandy Creek High School in Tyrone before attending Auburn University. There I majored in Chemistry and decided that I would pursue dentistry as a career.
After graduating from Auburn, I was accepted at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry. At UAB, I received an excellent education in all areas of dentistry and I graduated with a DMD degree. Pediatric and restorative dentistry were two areas I truly enjoyed in school and I plan to concentrate heavily on those areas in my practice.
I am greatly honored to be a part of this practice. I look forward to coming back home and meeting you and your family. If I can be of service to you in any way, please feel free to contact me.
Dr. Phillip G. Swords
- Born in Birmingham, AL 1/16/63
- Located to Raymond, GA (Coweta Co.) in 1974
- Attended both East Coweta and Newnan High School
- Graduated from Newnan High School in 1981
- Accepted scholarship from Clayton Jr. College and Graduated w/ an A.S. in Biology in 1983
- B.S. in Biology from the University of Alabama in 1985
- D.M.D. from Medical Univ. of Southern Carolina in 1989 (recognized as most outstanding student government
- leader in 1989)
- Returned to Coweta County in 1989
- Coweta County Board of Health
- Served on Bank of Coweta Board
- Served on EMC Nominating Board
- Served on CCCUB
- Served on the Newnan City Council for 12 years
- Member of Crossroads Church
- Landmark School Board Chairman
- Basketball, football and soccer Coach
- Member of ADA, GDA and AGD
- Life member of MUSC Alumni
- Founding Family Kids Kastle Park
- Member of Academy of Osteointegration
- Married to Lorri Seals Swords
- 4 children: Conner, Annie, Emmy Rose, Reeves
Dr. Philip Swords has worked for years with our Central Education Center. Lt. Gov. Cagle’s focus on Georgia Career Academies with some excerpts from Dr. Swords
- Community Involvement
- Playing B-Ball, Soccer
- Playing with my family
Dr. Candace DeVeaux
Dr. Jeremy Tarver
Dr. L. Phillip Adcock
FRONT ROW: Bethany Wilson, Rachel Crosby, Shapana Truesdale, Samantha Black, Kristen Griffin, Brittney Powell, Amy Ledbetter, Marie Frankum, Brenda Mendley, Victoria Rivers.
BACK ROW: Darrianne Dennis, Amanda Huckaby, Tammy Coggin, Jordan Van Linden, Brooke Richards, Lisa Nelson, Monica Wargofcak, Sherri Devereaux.